Tuesday 22 March 2011

small table research prior to autocad

For everyone in the group we decided to all take one piece of furniture from either of the chosen rooms and to design it and apply it in autocad.



I am designing the smaller side table situated next to the sofa on which Ivan dies. To begin my research I wanted to find picture references to help motivate my table designs. Not just looking at the shapes of the tables but also if they have any specific types of patterns or mouldings.


Having been able to look into the different types of moulding, carving and general decoration of the tables, this will allow me to explore the different types of russian death motifs which I can now experiment with and try to entwine them into my designs.




















No comments:

Post a Comment