Thursday 26 May 2011

Helping with Heather and Laurens Table

Whilst Lauren was absent from class I help Heather sand their small table.

Before started the feet which had previously been made and put on the table had to be removed. As the feet were made from paper mache and then painted over in the gold paint, they were proving very difficult to remove. I resulted in having to cut the feet off using a knife and small hand saw.


Once the feet were off the table legs they were then ready to sand. Using a hand held electric sander I sanded down the legs to remove any excess dried glue and to make them smooth. I found the sander very efficient and easy to use.


I done the same for both sets of legs. Heather then went on to rounding off the corners and continuing with the rest of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment